January 19, 2011

Thanksgiving...hey better late than never, right?

Thanksgiving this year was cold. We had a minor encounter with some ice which swirled our car around to have us facing the opposite of where we started on the way to dinner. But other than that, we survived the blustery cold. Dinner was held with two of our friends, the Eagers and Lecates. I have to say for 3 young families who have never done Thanksgiving by ourselves, I think we did a bomb job. I took pictures of ALL of our food, but I'll spare you the details.

After dinner, all the men fell asleep and the ladies played skip-bo. I haven't ever played it before, but it was fun!

After the men woke up from their food coma, we ate pie and then headed over to the Ironroads to party with them and the Piersons. Ok we played Apples to Apples and ate more food. The only one I really remember is Steven picking "My love life" when "Neglected" was the adjective. The love life card was mine...but hey I just had a baby and everyone laughed.

After games, we went home and skyped my mom. It was weird to not have family around for the holiday, but we are lucky to have good friends here!





4 comments:

Heather said...

We did Thanksgiving with David's family this year and it was super weird to not have my family around. Not to mention awkward but that's another story. But hey when you guys move back to AZ eventually you can spend time with both families!!

Big Toe Mom said...

sounds like a good day. and I want a giant red bean bag thingy like that. very comfy looking-
Thanksgiving is about blessings. One year growing up my mom was sooo very homesick for her family. they were in AZ and we were in FLORIDA. so my Dad decided to make a different day to help her-we had doritos and lunchmeat sandwiches at the beach. I remember how fun it was to try and NOT get wet, and etc. My Mom remembers going home and cooking a turkey after all. :)

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a really fun Thanksgiving! :)

Pierson family said...

The picture of the guys sleeping is awesome. I love how Q is even sleeping.