January 20, 2011

Christmas






Christmas was tons of fun! We were all spoiled, but mostly Quintin. Quintin makes for a good alarm clock on Christmas morning so we were up EARLY. My family did something different than normal this year, but I loved it and everyone is planning on doing it again next year...homemade Christmas. Someday I will blog about all the crafting we did before Quintin was born which included our Christmas presents. We also got lots of movies and games and TONS of stuff for Quintin. My dad is making me and my sisters jewelry boxes (not finished yet) and making Q one of those shape box things out of really pretty wood (also not done yet but I can't wait to see it when it is!)
The hard part about having families that live 23 houses away (yes I counted them last time we were there) is that we often get split in a thousand directions on holidays. However, we are pretty used to it and our parents are friends so they understand if we're late or have to leave early. After we opened gifts with my family, we got dressed and headed to Steven's parents house to open presents. We got all the brothers Nerf guns. We made them all open them at the same time and once they realized what they were it was a contest to see who could open it and shoot everyone else first (Greg won). Nate tried to do it fast but was holding Quintin and gave up half way through because Q was off limits. Becky and I found darts all around the house for like 3 days after Christmas. We also got lots of much needed things and Quintin got some fun presents too (baby Vans, Little People Nativity, and TONS more). After opening presents, Steven's dad's extended family started showing up. We always get to eat lunch with everyone and the cousin's draw names for each other. Again, Quintin was spoiled rotten by Steven's aunts and we got the new MJ cd so I can't complain.
After lunch and visiting, everyone left and we went back to my parent's house to take a nap. When we woke up, we played games for awhile and then bounced back over to Steven's house to play games and give Quintin a bath. All in all, a great day full of family and we couldn't have asked for anything better!
Oh and my mom took our family picture in our matching pjs, but I don't have it yet. Believe me, it's cute ;)

No comments: