January 20, 2011

Christmas Tree

My parents have a 12 foot artificial tree. For most families, decorating this would be enough but not ours. On Dec. 17th, we headed to pick out a real tree for the front room. It was a lot of fun! My parents have usually made sure that we have 2 trees so that the kids coming home from college get to help put up some decorations. The years that my parents have a real tree in the front room we all get to put our ornaments on that we've made over the years. (The 12 footer is the pretty catalog-looking tree.) I especially enjoyed it this year because I didn't get to put up any decorations in our house. All in all, a good tradition!
PS The first picture is of Steven & my brothers making a chain of all the ornament hooks (Kind of like barrel of monkeys). Steven is always the instigator...




No comments: