January 20, 2011

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve, we had a ton of fun! Our Christmas Eve is always full of lots of traditions. We spent most of the day finishing up gifts for our homemade Christmas, wrapping presents, and tidying the house. Then, the nighttime activities begin! First, we started out with my family to have an early, delicious dinner. Then, my mom passed out our Christmas pajamas. Then, Steven and I got everything together and took Q to his first Cluff family Christmas party. Every Christmas Eve we get together with Steven's mom's extended family. Every year, I meet someone new! This year, we had the youngest baby so guess what that means? We got to be Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. Quintin does not like to be swaddled and it was nap time so he wasn't a real cooperative Baby Jesus. After we read the Christmas story (and all the cousins act it out) we always have a family talent night. Luckily, Greg married Caitlin and she has real talent so she sang to represent our family. This year we added something cool where each Cluff kid and/or their spouse talked about a spiritual experience they have had in the past year. I had to go feed the grumpy baby so I didn't get to hear everyone's too well but the ones I did hear were awesome! After visiting with family, we loaded up with Steven's brothers (that's usually tradition too, they always end up going back with us) and headed for home. Once home, I was an elf for my mom and we all went to sleep. Steven was really mad because my brothers decided they were going to sleep on our floor. When we were little, we would always sleep in the same room on Christmas Eve (so I could make sure none of the kids snuck out). Well we haven't done this since I moved out of the house. BUT my little brothers cried and said we were ruining their favorite part of Christmas Eve so my parents let them sleep on our floor...haha surprise! I thought it was funny, but Steven not so much because he couldn't walk around in his G's. Oh well...memories are memories!


No comments: