January 6, 2010

Cold Hard Ticket

So I'm being forced somewhat against my own will to write this blog. But I guess I'll go along. The story of the day was the parking ticket we found posted to our frozen windshield as we left to go run some errands. Man I was irritated, how was I supposed to know that on Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays from 1am to 6am Its illegal to park on one side of the street. Apparently the snow plows have to clear the streets on those days. Ignorance is no exception to the law, but having the police station to be right around the corner is really not helping our cause.

As far as the rest of the day we finished hooking up all the electronics in the office and I made some phone calls to figure what loose ends I still have to tie up to start school. We tried to pick up my Aero-notebook(laptop for UND aviation) but I needed my ID card. (definitely should have thought that through a bit more) I think today we got our first taste of wind chill. It was a positive eight but felt like -40 with the 15mph wind.

Tonight we watched "Harry Potter the Half Blood Prince". We've been having a kind of movie marathon each night this week. We've watched "My sisters Keeper", "The Blind Side", and "Harry Potter" in the past three days. I think we re both ready for school to start. Cabin fever is getting to the both of us:)

-Steven

No comments: