January 13, 2010

"First Day" Orientation

So Im a little behind but I'm still just a reformed blog hater so I'll keep this simple. This Monday the 11th was the "first" day of school at UND. Really it was just orientation day, you only have classes if they start after four o'clock. So I went to the new student welcome day, and I have to admit I was a bit worried it would be a dedicated frosh event and I'd be the looser transfer student. Truth be told I was motivated to go because I saw that they already charged me 20 bucks and I wanted to get my lunch out of it. It wasn't too bad though. We saw the Dean of the School and several other important figures who all promoted their services and made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside about your decision to attend the University of North Dakota. I even made a friend, its nice being around a bunch of people who love aviation, you can strike up a conversation with anyone in the aerospace dept.
The motivation, lunch, was pretty good. They had pizza, subs, chips, soda, and even the complimentary candy bar. We (me and my new friend Drake) sat by an adult student who had the same motive-to get his moneys worth. He enlightened us on the things to do in the great metropolis (wink,wink) of Grand Forks, ND. He told us that mens hockey at UND is the big event in this time of year. He also told us about this Minute Man Missile control facility that they made into a museum. I always wanted to go to the one in Tucson so I'll have to check this one out. Supposedly at the height of the cold war the state of North Dakota alone had a nuke stockpile comparable to the USSR.
Anyway orientation went well. I got lots of to do's done like: turn in forms, found out about bus routes, and found out where my math class was.
That was orientation I'll talk about school later....so later
-Steve

PS We couldn't get the picture uploaded, so we'll put it on the next blog...

3 comments:

Allison said...

Steven, this post was inspiring.

Sincerely,
Allison

Big Toe Mom said...

I/we read this....
Sandi and Rick!

Gary and Amy said...

Gary never went to that... he could have learned so much! ;)