October 21, 2011

The Keller Wedding-Part 3

And finally, the thing I had waited for all week!! Steven came :)

Ok ok just kidding. He did show up but not without some set backs. The Friday morning before the wedding, I woke up to a text from Steven that said "you're not gonna believe this. It's snowing" WTF? April 15th and it's snowing? Well needless to say, I wasn't missing the weather. As soon as I got it, I called him. Before even saying hello I said "GET OUT. Get out of there right now and come to me in the sunshine" I expected it to be a joke. Well the next thing he said was "Don't freak out. But I'm in a ditch" Of course I immediately started crying. A ditch? where? what happened? are you ok? you're going to freeze to death! You'll miss the wedding!! And so on and so forth. But he promised to keep me updated and was hoping he would still make his flight. I rushed out to my mother in law and was freaking out. Luckily she is a mom and knew I just needed to be held. I figured that if anyone in the world loves Steven as much as me, it would be her. We worried together. Brad and his 2 groomsmen had stayed at my inlaws house. They knew something was wrong, but not what was happening. Crying females always make boys uncomfortable. But, Brad got the general idea and asked if he could help with the baby. He fed Q breakfast and I stayed up to date with Steve about where he was. Eventually a highway patrolman (who is in our ward) showed up. Steven talked to him, calmed down, and they called a tow truck. While Steve was talking to Greg (the cop), Greg received 2 other radio calls for the same type of accident. That should tell you something about the weather and road conditions. Greg left to take care of the others and Steve waited for the Jeep to get towed. $100 and a whole lot of praying later, the Jeep was back on the road with no apparent damage (Steve was just stuck in slush and mud too far to get out on his own) and on the road to Fargo trying to make his flight. Luckily he did. Holy cow. What an experience I never want to repeat. Knowing my husband is supposed to be on his way to me and instead he's in a freak blizzard in a ditch. Count your many blessings.

He showed up later that afternoon and it was over 90 degrees when he got to AZ. How weird. It was hard to believe it was snowing in GF and so warm where we were! He showed up as we were decorating the church. We finished decorating, and went to set up for the luncheon at the other building with Steven's parents. In case you didn't know, I have the world's greatest in-laws. HONESTLY would your in laws go straight from work to the church to help deal with all the lights and the ceiling AND then help set up the other building for the luncheon AND then take you out to dinner? Mine inlaws are awesome.

Quintin loves attention and he did not lack for any with so many cute bridesmaids and aunts and uncles and grandparents around.

No comments: