August 23, 2011

The Keller Wedding Week -Part 1

My sister, Talia got married to Brad on April 16. Baby Q and I flew in on Monday afternoon of that week to help with everything.

First up was the Bridal Shower held on Tuesday. The bridal shower was an around-the-clock shower.
We spent the whole day and I mean the WHOLE day getting all the food ready. We kept the wedding colors as the theme. Teal and Green.

For games, we played a tiara & mustache game. We also played a purse scavenger hunt game. AND we played a 'see how many words you can make out of Talia's new name' game.

The shower was outside until it got dark and we moved in to open presents. There was lots of fun ladies there. And everyone seemed to do pretty good with their times. We had everyone write advice cards for Talia (Tal, if you're reading this, I promise I will finish that book for you soon!) and we read them aloud. At this point I completely embarassed myself (won't go in to details) and folks started leaving...not sure if it was just late or if it was coincidence with me being embarassed. Yikes.

Anyways, it was a fun shower. I haven't planned one like it in quite some time so it was good for me. I miss event planning. Talia is a beautiful bride. She was just glowing and loved to tell everyone about her husband-to-be.

No comments: