October 6, 2010

Remind me...

Someday when this little monster is a teenager...
and driving me crazy...
and the house is a mess because his clothes and toys and shoes are all over...
and he tells me "you just don't understand, mom"...
and I suddenly become the dumbest person he's ever met...
and it's not cool to spend time with mom and dad, only with friends...
and he doesn't want to take care of his sister, dog, gold fish, whatever...

REMIND ME...
how much I prayed to be blessed with the ability to have children...
how much I prayed to not miscarry...
how much I prayed for all his pieces, systems, etc. to develop appropriately...
how much I loved having him inside of me to talk to every day, when he couldn't talk back...
how much Steven and I NEEDED to have a baby to complete our little family...

Remind me how much I wanted him to be here and how impatient I got while waiting for him. Remind me.

5 comments:

Heather said...

That was so cute! I'll remind you if you remind me about the same things with Lexie when she drives me crazy!

Ashley said...

You are so cute! You can always come back to this blog and remind yourself whenever you need too. My mom actually did the same thing with me. They tried for 3 years to get pregnant with me and my mom would always have my dad remind her how much they wanted me when I was being a not so perfect child!:)

Erin and Bear said...

Thanks for this! It's sometimes hard to remember to count our blessings, but I hope I can remember to be grateful to be blessed with children. We are keeping a pregnancy/first years journal for baby Tyler, and it's helping me to write down my gratitude for him, so someday, when he's in that stage that he hates me and thinks I'm the least cool mom ever, he'll know we have loved him from the start.

Moses Family said...

I just cried. You are so sweet. And SO right!

Big Toe Mom said...

You and Steven did a GREAT job of reminding me. I will be happy to return the favor!