September 29, 2010

Steven turned 25!



In July...and I'm just now posting about it. BUT it was the very last day of July, so I'm not really THAT behind.
For his birthday, he voted to have his gift be getting to go to the OshKosh Air Show in Wisconsin with a group from school. He left me for like 5 days and went and looked at airplanes, met pilots, camped out, did other man stuff. I stayed home and hung out with the baby. So, that was technically his birthday present.

But, it was BEFORE his birthday and I still wanted to celebrate somehow...so we had a party with some of our friends. It was the first time we had really had a group of people over since we've lived here. Our new apartment isn't huge, but it was big enough to have people over. We played Jenga Max (one of Steven's gifts) and we also played Mad Jab. AND we had cake, ice cream, and some other foods that I never took a picture of.

The families with kids all left right as the other couple without kids showed up. They stayed and chatted with us for awhile (but I forgot to take their picture!). We watched this crazy rain storm that blew in too.

Overall, it was pretty fun. Steven got to hang out with all of our GF friends, spend some time with airplanes, and his old mission companion even called from Brazil. Here's some pictures of the party

The cake-it got kind of melty, but I made that bad boy into an airplane!


Blowing out LOTS of candles:


Playing Jenga Max


The Butlers


The Smiths


The Adams


The Piersons (minus Dallin who was at summer camp for ROTC)

No comments: