October 1, 2008

Little Philmont



So I just realized that the pictures weren't working because the link came up in another window and I missed it.






At the training weekend we went to. I sewed all those patches on his uniform. It was a pain, but now I want him to earn other things so that he can have more nifty patches.


This our 'out in the woods picture' Steven's in his full uniform-including socks. I'm wearing my BSA shirt that I bought to seem supportive...and flip flops.


So I pack up everything needed in our backpack. Then I switch to help Steven roll up sleeping bags. I go to grab the bag and see this giant spider on it. I don't know where it came from, but I took pictures and it got relocated outside. It was bigger than my hand.

All in all, we had a good trip. Steven learned a lot. I went to most of his classes with him. For a few hours, I played with our Bishopric member's 2 year old daughter. We ran all over and hit grasshoppers with sticks. We 'roomed' with Bishop and his wife, and Tim & Jessica Hedgecock. It was fun combining bottom bunkbeds to sleep in. Haha we should have taken pictures of that!! Steven & Tim ended up in the cracks. Jessica and I decided it was their own fault because they didn't snuggle with us.

We enjoyed the time driving together and the cool weather was a nice change. We left in a hurry because a storm was moving in and we didn't want the car to get stuck in the dirt road leading out of the camp. Maybe he'll still be in the calling next time Little Philmont rolls around too!

No comments: