April 6, 2010

Our St. Patrick's Day date

So Steven recently believed me that I was Irish (after my mom and dad backed me up). So for our date night the friday before St. Patricks day, he planned a celebration!
We had to run some errands but the activity of the night was sugar cookies with green frosting. And we watched 2 movies in our very own living room (Amelia & Love Happens). It was a fun night and the cookies were delicious. We used a Betty Crocker cookie mix- I will never make sugar cookies from scratch again as long as Betty keeps making the mix!
Here's some pictures...
We ended up making more of the right side's color of frosting for the rest of them...it was less yellow!

Inevitably I smeared frosting all over Steven...and caught it on camera :)Yummy Yummy!!

There was also a parade on our street the next day. I was really not feeling good, but Steven came home from splits and we were supposed to go see it. He told me he had seen the beginning of it and we could probably catch the end...In the time he walked up stairs, I got my shoes on and we got back down the street, the parade was over. He had actually seen the entire parade go by. We walked the length of our street to see the floats at least...there was 1 'float' and the rest was the Shriners & their mini bikes, etc. Mostly, I think it was an excuse for people to come in green and then hit up the bars early in the downtown district. Oh well, it was a good walk :)

No comments: