April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

Our Easter weekend was fabulous! Steven didn't have school on Friday or Monday. We got to spend most of the time together and the weather has actually been really nice. Here are a few pictures. We refuse to grow up so we hid Easter baskets for each other between conference sessions.Steven hid mine inside the ceiling panel...rude
I hid his at the bottom of the bag full of all the plastic grocery bags we need to recycle.

After, we went on a little photo shoot in our little neighborhood area. The baby was not particularly agreeable to my shirt, but we tried. Here are some of my favorites:

I'm not sure if you can read the sign but it says "Alley of Love". This is the alley behind our house...hence baby. I will maybe post more of the pictures on facebook.

We watched the second session of conference and then ate dinner. We had Chicken Cordon Bleu (because I am morally opposed to making an entire ham for just the two of us and at least this had some ham in it) with my delicious scalloped potato recipe (that we drove alllll over town looking for the right ingredients for), and strawberry lemonade. We also had rolls, but forgot they had to raise so we had those like 2 hours after the rest of dinner.
We were feeling a bit homesick being away from our families and traditions, but we are SO EXCITED to be going home on Thursday for a fun-filled weekend!!!

I think we are all caught up now...until Steven decides to update the world on his school stuff and his pneumonia! Look for upcoming posts about our fun weekend in sunny AZ :)

2 comments:

T and Jackie Isom said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Easter. I love how you made the best of it! We're most definitly coming to your party on Saturday. I'm sorry if we needed to RSVP...Can this be considered that?

Teresa said...

Looks like it was a fun Easter and that you are adjusting to your new home. We will be unable to attend this weekend (I wished we lived closer). Love ya