February 10, 2010

A Long Overdue Update- Fall Version

See, I told you I would update about Fall too!

September--
The highlight of September was our trip to North Dakota to visit the school there. It makes me laugh that it was the highlight. It was much prettier in September, and we can't wait for this summer!! I don't feel the need to post pictures about it...just wait a few months and they'll all be the same!

Also in September, was my Mother-in-law, Becky's birthday. As in all things involving boys, the highlight was playing with fire...The boys were having a contest to see who could let their matches burn down the furthest before burning them out. Keith joined in too...Boys.
October--

To start off October, we went to First Fridays at the Phoenix Art Museum. We rode the light rail and saw lots of cool art! We didn't have to ride the light rail very far, so when we were done, we just kept riding it...and when we got off, it was kind of in a sketchy area...hence Steven's face.
It was also Andrew's 14th birthday. He picked Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Becky and I went to Ladies Night at Deseret Book and met the boys for dinner after they were done with Conference.
He got to sit on the saddle...he clearly enjoyed it.
And the most important part of October- I GRADUATED!!! Well actually I just finished the courses, graduation is in April. Everyone told me I couldn't finish my last semester the way it was scheduled, and I did it anyways...so HA! Anyways, I came home from my class very late (it was in Chandler) and I came home to a beautiful dinner made by Steven and flowers too!
The following weekend, we went to Prescott for a graduation trip. It was BEAUTIFUL and such a nice break. We went to the movies, went and hiked, ate lots of good food, went shopping, slept in- all things I had been neglecting for the past few months.
Here is Steven in our hotel room--we got a sweet deal on this hotel that was becoming a resort...the only downside was all the new furniture in giant boxes in the foyer. It was a steal!
Steven by the lake we visited...I'm pretty sure it was something original like Prescott Lake or something.
On our nature walk...notice the leaves behind us? It was truly FALL!!

We also celebrated our friend Raf's graduation from Surgical Technology school. It was an interesting ceremony to say the least...This picture pretty much defines their relationship...

Halloween- As far as Halloween goes, I was in charge of 18 different costumes...10 for work (see the sashes-we were princesses) and 6 beehive costumes (we were Bees) and mine and Steven's (he was a pot of honey). It was fun but I will not be volunteering to make costumes for awhile.
The sashes after the first coat of puffy paint...all those outlined letters!
Our parent's ward trunk-or-treat
Me with two of my beehives...we didn't get a group picture of all of us!
At our ward trunk-or-treat!


November--
In November, I went to Kayley's state Band Competition. It was clear out in the East Valley. I actually saw several of the planes from Steven's school flying over it--but none were him. Kayley's band did very good, despite their rating. Here is the fan club :)

And the only other thing that happened in November was that we went to Utah for Thanksgiving break. We spent a lot of time with family. I was up there for a whole week (5 days without Steven!) working remotely and Steven came up after classes with my mom. I got to meet up with some friends from college. It was a fun reunion! We also got to see the lights at Temple Square twice! And we spent a lot of time shopping the day after Thanksgiving...we got most of our winter clothes though! And my little brother broke his ankle and we had to push him around Temple Square in a wheel chair...which made for a lot of fun stories! Ha love you bro!
We were freezing! Steven loves his new coat, so feel free to comment on it...


And December was a busy month, so it will get it's own catch-up post, we'll call it the winter update!


No comments: