February 10, 2010

Friday Night Date Night

I will admit that when we started blogging this year, we thought we would have lots of adventures to talk about each day. Well, turns out that sometimes it is so cold that all we do is stay inside and study. HOWEVER- we make sure that we go out and do something at least once a week for a date on a Friday night.
3 weeks ago, Steven and I went to a ballet...yes that's right a ballet! Steven was all game for it until he found out there were no words. However, after sitting through it, I think he understood the story and actually enjoyed it (although he would never admit to it!)

The ballet we saw was Coppelia performed by the North Dakota Ballet Company. Turns out they are based out of a theatre just around the corner from us. We got there an hour early to buy tickets at the door. We thought it would be sold out...we forgot where we were. The theatre really isn't too big. You could sit in the back row and still have a good view! But, we got tickets on the 4th row and all was well. The ballet is a comedic ballet. Wikipedia it to learn more. Because it was so close, we just walked and took our umbrella...when we got out it was raining what is called Freezing rain...it's comparable to hail but there's more of it and it comes down harder...anyways. We tried to get a picture...but you could imagine our eagerness to just get home!
Two Fridays ago, we spent date night at Target and then home. We bought Bye, Bye Birdie! a musical that I grew up on. Then we bought some pasta and dessert and came home to eat and enjoy our movie. If you've never seen it, you should expand your horizons!


So, since I got to pick two weeks of date night in a row...Steven picked next. He picked that we go grocery shopping. It was SUPER exciting, let me tell you. But, before we went to the store, we went and picked up Steven a UND jacket. I got it from this lady on freecycle. If you've never heard of it, check out www.freecycle.org Basically, you can join regional groups and people post stuff they want to give away rather than throwing it out...it's all about keeping good stuff out of the land fill. Seriously, go check it out! I bet they have one in your area!

And that is it as far as date night goes...this week, we will see. I entered a contest to win tickets to the Monster Truck show that is coming...but I think technically Steven gets to pick what we do, so we will see what happens!

4 comments:

T and Jackie Isom said...

Would Steven not want go to a Monster Truck show? I thought all men wanted to do that!

Steven and Chelsea said...

NO he totally would... but if I win the tickets, it counts as my date night and he has to think of something for the next 2 weeks!

Anna and Dusty said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time, I've always wanted to see the ballet but don't think I could force Dusty to go.
Funny thing, it NEVER hails in ND and last spring Grand Forks got its first hail storm, ever. Everyone in my office stood by the window in AWW and shock for a good 30 minutes. Hilarious, it could be comparable to a blizzard in Arizona.

Teresa said...

You lead such an exciting life. Keep up the date nights. Love ya