December 4, 2008

Decorating the tree...



We spent last Friday night decorating our tree. We inherited my paren'ts old artificial 7.5 feet tree because they decided to get a 12 foot last year. Well it was all fun and games until we ran out of lights. I guess my family does lights weird because it ended up taking 10 boxes of lights. We had a top heavy tree topper that I was ready to give up on. But, my amazing intelligent husband figured out what to do and fixed it. I can't even tell you what he did because I just watched in amazement. Maybe I'll get him to post his secret.
He really is Mr. Incredible...(I bought him that shirt) But he was aggravated about me taking pictures...haha
Here are some things you don't know about our tree:
-On the level K section, we were short one branch...well we looked but couldn't find it in any of the other bunches. So, we decided it was in the back towards the wall and no one would know there's a hole back there.
-On level H we found the missing letter K branch...but by the time we realized, it already was entangled with lights..so there's a branch that is a little longer than necessary...
-There's a thousand lights on it.
-We spent less than $50 total on everything: lights, tree, ornaments, topper, etc.
-I still haven't taken pictures of the finished product because I wanted to have a tree skirt first...so I bought that yesterday and will take pictures soon.
-My mother in-law is really excited to see our tree.
-We have one mismatched ornament. It's our Hallmark Ornament that Steven's family bought for us last year. It has one of our engagement pictures in the frame and plays a song.
-The tree with the star on top is less than an inch from our ceiling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so excited about your tree! Ha! Ha! We had a hard time covering ours all up with lights and stuff, too with the $50 budget so we actually just decorated the front half of it!

Paige said...

I hate putting up our Christmas tree because every year I always forget that we are missing a branch on level K and it drives me nuts looking for it! haha