May 30, 2011

You can call me Master.

So, in case we're not facebook friends or you missed a few posts back, I have been working on finishing my Master's Degree. After a LOT of work, an almost all-nighter, and a lot of typing I FINISHED!! I actually finished with a 10 hours to spare. My final paper was supposed to be a thesis...which I wrote the first half of in my class last fall. Well, they changed the program requirements and changed it to a case study analysis. Awesome right? But, I sucked it up and wrote the dumb thing. Throughout my writing, I kept writing myself notes of encouragement.

Also, a few times in the middle of the night when I was writing I bought myself a few books on Amazon to motivate me to finish writing. I knew exactly how many points I needed to earn on the final to still pass the class (I had to get a D on the paper at least to pass with a C). Seeing as how I was completely burned out, I set my goals on just passing...and I did...with 101% (thank you extra credit) for my final grade. It was a rough last week, but I won't lie it feels great to be done with it! I started the program before I had any thought of being pregnant and I'm pretty proud of myself that I kept going and finished even though my life changed quite a bit!
Here's what it takes to finish a MA in HR:
wheat thins, several drinks, lots of encouragement, food, books, paper, and of course post-it notes.

To celebrate me actually finishing, we ran errands and I bought my new glue gun (Steven and I made a deal that I could get it and I had a coupon so it was like $2 bucks)

AND we went to Denny's. As anyone with kids probably knows, it's almost impossible to enjoy a meal at a restaurant when you have a very curious baby with you.

As always, we were taking turns with each other to eat, catch the toys, and entertain the baby. Also we were attracting attention of all the elderly couples around us. After a particularly long time which ended in Steven taking the baby for a walk, we finally finished. When we went to pay, we learned that someone else had paid for the majority of our bill. We are pretty sure it was an elderly couple we had noticed watching us and the baby. Did they know that we were there celebrating such a big thing for me? Probably not. Will they ever know? Probably not. But we hope they are blessed for their kind deed :)

AND as if this day could get any better, we got a call on the way home to learn that our sister-in-law was in labor. She ended up having the baby within the night...

So in one day:
I finished my MA in HR
We got dinner paid for by an anonymous stranger
AND we became an aunt, uncle, and cousin!

No comments: