June 1, 2010

Moving is such a pain

Moving is such a pain. Not only do you have to collect boxes and newspapers, and pack all of your worldly belongings, you have to have a place to move too and people to move into the place you're leaving. On top of that, when people are coming to see your apartment you have to basically make it look like no one actually lives there and it's spotless all the time.
However, in the end, it will all work out. We have 3 people coming to look at the apartment today, 6 scheduled for tomorrow, 2 for Thursday, and 1 so far for Friday. The good news is when one of these 25 people we have referred to the apartment complex signs a lease, we get out of lots of fines and paying double rent. (The fines are because we're moving before the lease is up).
I just want to be done with this mess. I'm tired of answering people's whiny, sometimes completely stupid emails, sending pictures, dealing with the leasing office, all if it. I wish I could just start putting stuff in boxes and move out today...but I have made it this long, I will make it 3 more weeks. And, the prospect of our new apartment keeps me going.
Ok, that is the end of my rant.

4 comments:

Big Toe Mom said...

I truely do feel your pain....
I hope you get a bonus out of this.
and just think the 4th is so very SOON!!!! we are so excited over here!!!

Anna and Dusty said...

I agree, moving SUCKS! But I can't wait for you to move closer to us!

Paige said...

what? you're moving?? to where? How did I miss that...
well anyways, good luck. moving is laaaaaame.

Teresa said...

Good luck with finding renters to take over your lease - keep us posted. BTW - did I hear that it is a BOY? oh please post! and is your sister getting married anytime soon? Love ya