May 8, 2010

Progress on Baby D

Alright so I am officially in the second trimester and I can see why everyone raved about it. No more morning sickness, more energy, bella bands and pretty soon I get to feel the baby!!

We've had our first official appointment to meet the OB and get all the blood work results. All is well, all is well. We feel really good about our Dr. and as far as she could tell, everything is going well with baby. I was way more relaxed this time and so was the baby. All the blood work came back normal. The downside was they forgot one test so I had to do more lab work, but it was really nothing compared to last time!

Our next appointment is June 4th and it is the ultrasound appointment!! So, we want your vote! Boy or Girl?! To help you make an educated decision, I've provided a few other pieces of info!
- In my family, there are 3 girls and 2 boys. In Steven's there are FOUR boys! (There are no nieces or nephews to count yet)
- I have more girl cousins than boy cousins. Steven has A LOT of cousins some of whom I haven't met so that might not help you. My mom's family has more girls than boys. My dad's family has more girls than boys. Steven's dad's family has more girls than boys. Steven's mom family (is huge but I think I counted correctly) has more girls than boys (unless I counted the in-law instead of the sibling...)
- Our wedding was VERY pink and a few of the bridesmaids cursed us with having all boy children. Random, yes. Possibly relevant, also yes.
- You know that Chinese Gender Calendar that everyone says is completely accurate? Not for me. You use the conception date and mine could have happened in January or February. January makes girl. February makes boy. Sorry if that's too much info...just thought you should know that won't help you!
- According to the Old Wives Tales in my Pregnancy for Dummies book, and on several websites, I usually come out predicting it's a girl, but there have been a few that determined boy. It's usually a 60/40 split between the two.

So, I hope that helps you cast your vote! The poll thingy is on the right side of the blog. There's 25 days to cast your vote and then we will announce the official result.

10 comments:

Heather said...

I vote for a girl! Just because I want to see how many pink clothes you put her in!!

Julia said...

If you want a girl, sorry to break it to you but your family having more girls won't help you, gender is all Steven's fault, (supposed to be passed on through the father) so based on that and the fact that most everyone I know has had girls lately and it's about time that changes, so I'm guessing boy

Shari Romney Family!! said...

I want to say girl because everyone is! But for some reason I gonna say boy, we need to make it more even with so many girls being born this year! And just because Steven comes from a family of all boys doesnt mean your chances of having a boy will be higher! My dad is the oldest of five boys and he had four daughters. My father in law came from a family of four boys and he has six girls and two boys! So who knows! But it is really exciting getting everyones votes!! On the Chinese thing... for all three of my kids it was wrong! Really they say for the type of gender you will have depends on the day of ovulation that the egg was feritlized! And that has been the most accurate! Im glad that you are feeling so much better!

Pierson family said...

I love girls and I am for girls, but I have a feeling it is going to be a boy. Every baby I know that is to be expected this year has been a boy, minos 1.... PS I love how you don't know if you got pregnant in January or February, is this like give or take a couple days or weeks!? Lol.

Adam said...

I'm kinda split. There definitely are factors that could help determine the baby on both sides--yes, guys are the determiner, but I've heard that girls travel more steadily while boys don't and even anatomy is an influence. My sister is more likely to have girls because of a longer than normal cervix. So yeah...I'm split.

Anna and Dusty said...

So I'm gonna need more information. Like, are you craving lots of meat like steak and potatoes all the time? Or are you craving lots of candy and cookies? Is your tummy high or supper low? Is the baby's heart rate slow or fast?
With Samantha all I wanted was candy and sugar and TONS of cookies. And my tummy was so low that I had to stop wearing normal jeans by week 12!

Sarah Zawatski-McClellan said...

I vote girl!!!

Big Toe Mom said...

I just want a healthy baby to spoil!!!
and I want you to enjoy every second of being preggers... HAHHAHAHA! I never did till about 20 weeks. and it was over all to soon. I wanted a girl so bad the 1st time, I was just SICK, when everybody kept saying BOY. (We did not find out) I was sooo relieved when she really was a beautiful girl!
and I found out the sex every other time, and kept the secret from Rick. Have Fun! Love you, what ever the little peanut is he/she will be special!

Big Toe Mom said...

ps- we both have brothers, and our kids are 3 boys 2 girls.

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

GIRL!