April 16, 2009

The Real Reason We Don't Have Kids...

So most of the time, when people ask why we're holding off on bringing "little dorns" we tell them we would like to enjoy some time as a young married couple and have both of graduated before hand. As far as I know, that is a legitimate reason, not an excuse.
Here's a little secret- apparently that's a lie. Read the following conversation that is pretty much verbatim to our discussion last night to find out why we don't have kids.

C: Babe, everyone we know is having kids, why don't we?
S: We're too young
C: You're not young! Why don't we?
S: Me not ready.
C: Why?
S: Me little squire.
C: What?!
S: Me little squire. Me not ready to be big chief. (pounds chest)
C: Are you kidding me?
-pause...this is where i realize I have to speak Pochontas to him, or he'll ignore me--
C: You no big chief ever. Me big chief.
S: No! Me little squire. Baby come, me big chief.
C: When you be big chief?
S: When the sun falls to the earth
C: So we just wait until dark and we have baby?
S: (without acknowledging my comment) and the sky rotates around the sun many, many times.
C: Then you be big chief?
S: Then me no little squire. Me big chief. We make little squire.

And it went downhill from there. So, imagine Steven talking to me in Indian terms, complete with hand gestures and some form of sign language. There you go, ladies and gentlemen! The real reason we don't have kids: little squire isn't ready to be big chief haha.

PS Don't read anything into this.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

That is funny. Be patient. Love ya

Allison said...

married talk is gross.
haha, just kidding.



i'm sure my time will eventually come where i'm required to speak neanderthal to get a legitimate point across.

you funny, chels. big laughs from chest you cause.

Ashley said...

Guys can be really funny when it comes to asking for kids.

T and Jackie Isom said...

I love how you wrote, 'don't read anything into this.' People are always wondering when we're going to have kids, too.

Deidre said...

Lol. Just part of the fun of being a young married couple. Brad and I went through the same thing. I don't think anyone is really ever ready.

T and Jackie Isom said...

We should have invited you! I didn't even think to because you guys are always so busy... We have to get together soon! Maybe next week or something? Just let us know!